Athlete Profile: Corinne Coon (Volleyball)

action

Corinne Coon, starter for varsity volleyball team

Uploaded by Greenville College

Hometown:
Warsaw, IN

Position:
Opposite

Favorite position to play and why:
I like playing opposite because no one expects a big hitter on the right side. It takes other teams by surprise.

When you started playing volleyball:
I started in elementary school.  5th grade was the first time I was on an official team.

What best prepares you for a game:

During our warm up, I am very focused on visualizing the game that we’re about to play. I try to keep moving and get my body as warm as possible before the game starts.

Biggest accomplishment in volleyball:
My biggest accomplishment would be qualifying for the NCAA tournament my freshmen year. It was the first time in GC history that any women’s team had made it to the NCAA tournament, and I was so happy to be a part of that team.

action
Your biggest challenge this season:
Our biggest challenge this season is keeping our intensity up during every single point.  We have a great team this year and we have the ability to be the best team in the SLIAC (St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) if we keep up our playing.

Best moment of season so far:
The best moment so far this year would probably be when we came away from our first weekend of conference play 3-0.  We played the first and third teams in the conference and beat them both.  It was so exciting to see what we could actually do!

Goal for the season:
Our goal is to remain undefeated in the SLIAC! It would be a first in GC history. If we can do this, we will be able to go to the NCAA national tournament again.

Quote you live by/best advice you have been given/favorite verse:
1 Corinthians 10:3 – “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”  This verse reminds me that I am not the one who deserves recognition.  God gave me this talent and whenever I step out onto the court, I am showing off His wonderful power!