Just Like Adams Bros Corn Salsa Reviewed by Momizat on . Written by Andie and Garrett Rea Being on a newly-wed, college-student budget, my husband and I rarely get to indulge in the Greenville date-life we used to. We Written by Andie and Garrett Rea Being on a newly-wed, college-student budget, my husband and I rarely get to indulge in the Greenville date-life we used to. We Rating:
You Are Here: Home » Feature » Just Like Adams Bros Corn Salsa

Just Like Adams Bros Corn Salsa

Written by Andie and Garrett Rea

Being on a newly-wed, college-student budget, my husband and I rarely get to indulge in the Greenville date-life we used to. We have had to significantly cut back on our Mario’s dinners and we now share a single cinnamon roll from Jo’s Java. However, the one thing neither of us could sacrifice was that scrumptious sweet corn salsa from Adams Bros, so we figured out how to make it ourselves. It is super simple and only costs about $7.00 to make a LARGE portion (at-least 3 study sessions worth).

Andie and Garrett at their wedding

Andie and Garrett at their August wedding. | Picture provided by Andie Rea.

Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans sweet corn drained
1/2 a red onion finely chopped
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 bunch (3/4 cup) cilantro, torn or chopped
Juice of 2 juicy limes (or just the pre-juiced stuff)
A little salt and pepper
About a spoon-full and a half of sugar

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and mix! Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Add more cilantro or lime according to your tastes!