Couples Cooking Corner: Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups Reviewed by Momizat on . Before, I was pretty hungry a lot of the time. I wouldn’t have said it then, but I was. Mainly, this was because I could often be found eating cheese with bread Before, I was pretty hungry a lot of the time. I wouldn’t have said it then, but I was. Mainly, this was because I could often be found eating cheese with bread Rating:
You Are Here: Home » Feature » Couples Cooking Corner: Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups

Couples Cooking Corner: Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups

Before, I was pretty hungry a lot of the time. I wouldn’t have said it then, but I was. Mainly, this was because I could often be found eating cheese with bread (or DC food). And no, not grilled cheese sandwiches. I was munching on cold cheese, hard bread, and salsa spread for quite a few lunches and dinners back in the day. It’s not that I’m a bad cook; it’s just that I don’t cook.

However, things have changed! Like I said, all of that was before. Now, I am a happily married man, my happiness due significantly (but in no way entirely) to the fantastic delicacies my wife whips up. So, for all of you other non-cookers and non-bakers out there, male and female alike, I present a new dish! Welcome back to Couple’s Cooking Corner!

Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups (serves 8 – 12 cupcake cups)

Ingredients:

1 cup quick cooking rice (I used Minute Rice)

1 cup chicken stock

1 10oz. Bag of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and excess water squeezed out (I used a 12oz. Bag)

¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese

¼ cup of ranch dressing

2 eggs (lightly beaten)

½ teaspoon of salt and pepper for taste

Baked Cheddar Broccoli Rice Cups

Photo courtesy of http://fountainavenuekitchen.com/

Directions:

1. Prepare the rice as directed, substituting stock for water. Then, place cooked rice in a large bowl and let cool slightly.
    2. Add all ingredients using only ½ cup of shredded cheese and stir until combined.
    3. Spoon the mixture into cupcake pan (well-greased with cooking spray) and add shredded cheese to top of each cup.
    4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (until tops and sides are crispy)