Nicole Barks: Living her Life to the Fullest

Written by Kristi Reindl. Media by Jeff Schaeffer.

Photo courtesy of Nicole Barks
Photo courtesy of Nicole Barks

Greenville College junior Nicole Barks brings excitement to life all around her. Her vigor and positivity reflects the beauty and hope in life that she strives to illustrate for others. Barks doesn’t just invite people to join with her in the exciting adventure of life, they are naturally drawn to her personality.

Barks brings creativity and imagination into every situation. Even as a child, she and her siblings spent their days in imaginary worlds, traveling through space and time, visiting dinosaurs. When she wasn’t outside, she entered the world of books where dragons and sorcerers came to life. Although creativity plays an important role in her everyday life, Barks is purpose driven as well. She starts each new day with yesterday’s accomplishments and/or problems far from mind. Rather, she focuses on completing the present tasks at hand that each day introduces.

Greenville College junior Nicole Barks brings excitement to life all around her. Her vigor and positivity reflects the beauty and hope in life that she strives to illustrate for others. Barks doesn’t just invite people to join with her in the exciting adventure of life, they are naturally drawn to her personality. Barks brings creativity and imagination into every situation. Even as a child, she and her siblings spent their days in imaginary worlds, traveling through space and time, visiting dinosaurs. When she wasn’t outside, she entered the world of books where dragons and sorcerers came to life. Although creativity plays an important role in her everyday life, Barks is purpose driven as well. She starts each new day with yesterday’s accomplishments and/or problems far from mind. Rather, she focuses on completing the present tasks at hand that each day introduces. Most importantly, however, Barks is drawn to people and developing close bonds with each individual. At an early age, she imagined herself becoming a doctor to help people in a healing aspect. “I was so sure of my career path, I would even write ‘Dr. Barks’ at the top of my papers,” Barks admits. As such, Barks aspired to be a doctor until her later years of high school when she found herself being drawn to mission work instead. Her passion for helping others on a deeper, personal level became clearer to her. “I want to be more involved in people’s lives – everyday life, not just check-ups.” She is driven to help people challenge themselves and experience success, thriving on watching them grow. “I strive for growth and development not only in myself, but in others as well.” Fellow classmate and good friend Daniel Ruder describes her as “passionate, responsible, and godly. At times she’s entirely silly and fun-loving, but she’s also sensitive to the needs of others and is able to adapt accordingly.”
Photo courtesy of Nicole Barks

Most importantly, however, Barks is drawn to people and developing close bonds with each individual. At an early age, she imagined herself becoming a doctor to help people in a healing aspect. “I was so sure of my career path, I would even write ‘Dr. Barks’ at the top of my papers,” Barks admits. As such, Barks aspired to be a doctor until her later years of high school when she found herself being drawn to mission work instead. Her passion for helping others on a deeper, personal level became clearer to her. “I want to be more involved in people’s lives – everyday life, not just check-ups.” She is driven to help people challenge themselves and experience success, thriving on watching them grow. “I strive for growth and development not only in myself, but in others as well.” Fellow classmate and good friend Daniel Ruder describes her as “passionate, responsible, and godly. At times she’s entirely silly and fun-loving, but she’s also sensitive to the needs of others and is able to adapt accordingly.”

Barks experiences life to the fullest because she believes experiences initiate growth, change, and improvement. As such, she lives in the moment. She states with optimism, “the future is ever-changing, filled with endless possibilities, and I feel like there’s always more I can be striving for. I’m excited to encounter those endless possibilities.”