Written by Krissy Chapman. Media by Kevin Dunne.
September 30th – October 4th 2013
Global Impact Week is a time for students to learn about opportunities to serve the community, both close and far from home. Missions organizations supported by the Free Methodist Denomination, local churches, and Greenville College will speak to students about how to get involved, big and small. Here is a list of events for this year’s annual Global Impact Week:
- 9:30am: Chapel – Lowel Troyer – Students International
- 7:00pm: Meet the radicals – Join us at the Burritt fire pit for coffee, cocoa and fellowship.
- 9:30am: Chapel – Nicaragua team
- 7:00 PM Kickball (Scott Field or Rec Center: Depending on weather) with the representatives from all the mission organizations!
- 10am-2pm: Global Market Day – Scott Field (Support Global Missions and buy products made overseas)
- 7:00 PM – Connecting with cross roads – Ladue Auditorium – Simple Room event where the students are invited to meet the kids from the Simple Room.
- 8:30 PM: Ice cream social before Vespers – Whitlock Music Center – eat ice cream and talk to the representatives!
- 9:30am: Chapel – Blake Lewis from English Language Institute China
And as an added bonus, you can get elective chapel credit at every event!
If you have any additional questions or are looking to get more involved in missions work around the world, you should speak to our campus Director of World Outreach and Missions, Christy Dashiell, office located in the Library.