Final Note to the Greenville College Community Reviewed by Momizat on . Written by Jessie Polley. Media by Justin Smith. [divide] I can’t believe four years have gone by us already. I would be really cliche and could be super emotio Written by Jessie Polley. Media by Justin Smith. [divide] I can’t believe four years have gone by us already. I would be really cliche and could be super emotio Rating: 0
You Are Here: Home » Opinion » Final Note to the Greenville College Community

Final Note to the Greenville College Community

Written by Jessie Polley. Media by Justin Smith.

I can’t believe four years have gone by us already. I would be really cliche and could be super emotional in writing this, but I’ll save you all the pain of hearing another “I’ll try to get through this without crying” bit. It’s not that I’m dissing anyone who has said that (I think I have said it a couple times). Don’t get me wrong, I am sad to leave, but I am overcome with joy of what is to come.

Coming in as a Freshmen, I had a lot of baggage (don’t worry, I won’t get into it all here. This isn’t the time or place), and over the past four years God has molded me into who I am today. He has placed the people in my life to get me through the tough times, and has opened many doors of opportunity for me to go through, if I’m willing to trust Him. I have found a family here among the faculty and staff, and all of my peers. A family that, I know, will always welcome me back with open arms, and encourage me to go out into the world.

Maybe I just don’t find sadness in moments like these, because I know there is still so much to come. We (yes, the class of 2014) can do anything, go anywhere, and be whoever we want to be. Some of us will get married, some will go to grad school, some will go back home, and some of us will move to different parts of the world ready for what life throws at us. God has led us to this point, and He won’t stop now. Continue to let Him lead you in this next chapter of your life. I am sad to be saying bye to people I have spent the last four years with, not knowing when we will see each other again. I know, though, that whether we see each other again in this life or not, we will be together again and that reunion will be better than any here on earth.

I don’t know what is instore. I don’t know where I will be three months from now, a year, five years, ten years, etc. I know where I would like to be, but I know that my plans are constantly changing.

Greenville College community, you have helped each and every one of us graduating seniors through so much, whether you know it or not (and whether we admit it or not). You have impacted us, helped to shape us, and are now letting us go. We thank you for all you have done, the support you have given us, and love you continually show. I don’t know when we will all see one another again, but until then I’ll leave you with this incredibly cliche Irish blessing.

“May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.”

With gratitude,

Jessie Polley