Movie Theater Do’s and Don’ts Reviewed by Momizat on . Written by Maci Sepp. Media by Jack Dawdy.[divide] Nearly every time I go to the movies, I notice that there seems to be an unspoken etiquette that all moviegoe Written by Maci Sepp. Media by Jack Dawdy.[divide] Nearly every time I go to the movies, I notice that there seems to be an unspoken etiquette that all moviegoe Rating: 2.5
You Are Here: Home » Opinion » Movie Theater Do’s and Don’ts

Movie Theater Do’s and Don’ts

Written by Maci Sepp. Media by Jack Dawdy.

Nearly every time I go to the movies, I notice that there seems to be an unspoken etiquette that all moviegoers are expected to follow.  There are the basics like “don’t kick the chair in front of you” and “don’t answer a phone call,” and yet other times the rules are a bit unclear.  Here are some do’s and don’ts that will help keep you and your friends in check next time you’re at the movies catching up on the latest Marvel film.

DO…

Buy snacks!  But make sure you get your money’s worth.  A large popcorn almost always guarantees free refills.  On the other hand, I see no shame in bringing your own treats with you.  Free is free.

DON’T…

Be that one friend who obnoxiously steals bite after bite of someone else’s snack until there’s nothing left.  You do NOT want to be known as the Mooch.

DO…

Go with a group of friends who won’t judge you if you cry or mock you if you scream.  These are your true friends for life, and you should not deny them the opportunity to see a Nicolas Sparks flick at your expense.

DON’T…

Invite every single one of your Facebook friends.  There is nothing more aggravating than when I am getting ready to watch the newest Jennifer Lawrence movie and a hurricane of teenagers walks in.  Every time, they decide that it is a good idea to have a million conversations going on at once and to keep their cellphones on the highest brightness setting, all while the movie is in progress.  It’s not cute; it’s just rude.

DO…

Dress comfortably.  I’ve been in theaters that are so cold, they make me think Antarctica isn’t all that bad.  Plus, all you’re doing is sitting in a dark room watching a movie.  Not only can people not see you, but they also don’t care.

DON’T…

Treat the place like it’s your living room.

The seat in front of you is not a footstool and the armrest doesn’t have your name on it.  Mind your space and stay out of others’.  Simple as that.

DO…

Have fun!  You’re at the movies, for crying out loud!  Props to you for even leaving your cozy bed and your neighbor’s cousin’s best friend’s stepsister’s Netflix account to PAY to see a film in PUBLIC.  As long as you follow these simple do’s and don’ts, you’ve got a great night ahead of you.  Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.