Five Easy Pinterest Crafts to Make
Media by Emily Martiens
Pinterest is the ultimate board of creativity. Much like a bulletin board that has turned into a collage of ideas, Pinterest allows access to almost every original imaginative thought. It gives craft lovers everywhere a spectrum of ideas to choose from. These are just five of Pinterest’s easy crafts to make.
1. Coasters: It is something as simple as a beverage’s resting pad. The coaster. Starting with a square tile, the crafter would cut out a piece of scrapbook paper in the same shape. Next they would put a layer of Mod Podge on the tile and quickly place the scrapbook paper on. Once the Mod Podge dries, they would spray it with acrylic sealer. After the sealer dries, they would cut out a square of thin rolled cork and use a glue gun to stick it on the back. The last step is to use it for a nice hot cup of tea or any beverage near and dear to the heart.
2. Mason Jar Candle: For this craft, all that is needed is 1 lb bag of soy wax flakes, a candle pouring pot, wick, wick stickums, wick holder sticks, and a pint sized mason jar. Once the Mason jar lid is removed the fun work can begin. The first step is to take the stickum and apply it to the metal base of the wick which then sticks to the bottom of the jar to hold the wick firmly in place. Next, the candle creator drops the wick into the center. After this, they must use the wick holders to keep the wick in place. At this point, they can begin to melt the wax into the candle pouring pot. The crafter can use wax colorant if they so choose as well. Once the wax is melted, they can pour it into the jar and wait for it to harden. Once all that is finished, the wick holders can be removed, and it is ready to set the mood for any special occasion.
3. Crayon Art: Usually the most colorful crayon art is always a good accent to any room. All that is necessary are crayons of the designer’s choice, a canvas, glue gun, and hair dryer. The first thing to do is to place the crayons in the desired pattern. Once that is completed, use the glue gun to stick the crayons in place. After that, use the hair dryer to melt the crayons. When all the crayons have melted and made suitable streaks, it makes the perfect new addition to any homes interior.
4. Clothes Line Picture Frame: This craft adds some flair to any photographic display. It breaks down into five simple supplies which include an empty frame, twine, clothes pins, glue gun, and of course, photographs. To start, the creator needs to dab some hot glue on the back of the frame and place the end of the twine on top of it. To keep from burning a finger, some would use a button to press the twine into place. They would do the same thing on the other side of the frame to form a line from one side of the frame to another. Depending on the size of the frame, the process would be repeated two to three more times. Last, hang the photographs up with the clothes pins. Once that is completed, there is a couple new stories that can be placed on the wall. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
5. Sharpie Mugs: The last easy craft to make is perfect for gift giving, especially during the cold winter months. All that’s needed are Sharpie paint markers and a mug. First, make a design on the mug. Then, bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Once it cools off, it’s perfect to use to share a hot cup of tea or hot cocoa with a friend.
These five simple crafts are just the tip of Pinterest’s creative iceberg. Whether as a gift or personal décor, Pinterest has the back of craft lovers everywhere with these five easy crafts.