Getting to know our Captain, Kieley Leach
Some may know Kieley Leach as the senior captain for Greenville Women’s Soccer team but there is so much more to her than that. Kieley has a contagious personality and I would just like to share a little bit about her.
1. Where are you from?
2. What position do you play?
3. What is your major?
4. What is your favorite Bible verse?
5. What is your favorite food?
Pasta, Italian, carbs, candy, and French fries. Ahh I love food! How many favorites can I have?!
6. What is your favorite type of music?
I like pretty much everything. I am easily pleased. Give me the top 40, some country, but no screamo!
8. What is your favorite season?
Fall because I am a basic white girl. #sweatersandboots #soccerseason
9. Give me one word to describe you?
Weird or Uncommon 😉
10. Who is your favorite soccer player?
Carli Lloyd because she is a boss!
11. How did you end up at Greenville?
I was looking for a really good school for special education and Greenville just kept popping up and I would push it away until it came up again and I finally said ‘okay God.’
12. What is your favorite soccer memory?
When we beat Principia for the first time or when Dubs wobbled to his car my freshman year.
13. Who is your favorite opponent to play against?
Principia. They are talented, but they are good sports and fun girls to play against. They give us a really good challenge.
14. What will you miss the least about soccer?
As coach would say, “Get on the line.”
15. What will you miss most about soccer?
Besides the actual game, I will miss the relationships I have made.
16. What are your personal goals for this season?
Honestly to just enjoy these last moments of college soccer and go out with a bang!
17. What is the team Culture like this year?
Our team culture this year has been unlike any other season. Being able to incorporate Christ-like values more fluidly into our competitive program has allowed for better bonding on and off the field. The way that the girls have bought into what the team and coaching staff is trying to do has been inspiring.
18. What expectations do you have for this season?
I see us making a few more strides towards the tournament than we did last year. If we continue to click well in the attack then I see us making the conference championship game. I am excited to see this young team grow into something amazing.
As you can see, Kieley Leach is a bright, goal-oriented, and God-loving individual. She is ready to take on her senior soccer season full blast. She has been a lot of fun to watch grow on and off the field since she has been at Greenville. Be sure to get out to the soccer fields this fall to see the Greenville Women’s soccer team do big things!