Milkshake of the Month

feature image
Media by Songen Miao.

Did you know there is an activity at Greenville University every month? There’s an event every month called Milkshake of the Month, and if you didn’t know that, you’re missing out on a lot of fun. You can get free milkshakes there, choose your own flavor, and play games with everyone. This event can help you get to know your RA and RDs and make new friends. Last month’s event was held in Tenney’s basement, and they had the flavor of mint chocolate chip and vanilla.

As far as I know, the main reason for this activity is that many students living in Tenney Hall and Kinney Hall are sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and many students don’t have a way to de-stress. This is a great activity to get people to come to hang out because milkshakes are a hit. Of course, this event is not only open to students living in Kinney and Tenney, but all students are also welcome to attend. People can go and get a free milkshake, then they can choose to stay and play video games or watch a football game.

Media by Songen Miao.

I interviewed Rebecca Munshaw, who is the RD of Tenney Hall and Kinney Hall, and she is also one of the organizers of this event. When I asked her if she organized the activity by herself she said, “I organized this activity with my staff, which are the RAs of Tenney and Kinney. Each RA is in charge of their own designated month. I just need to make sure that things go smoothly.”

When I asked how they prepared for the event, Munshaw said, “Usually when it happens, I will talk to the RA who is in charge of that month. Each RA will be in charge of different things. Some of them are in charge of advertising, some are in charge of making the milkshakes, and some are in charge of setting up and cleaning up. We also need to decide the logistics of this event; what kind of milkshakes, what should the theme be and so on.”

For myself, this is the first time I’ve attended this event and the first time I’ve heard of it. I think this is a good experience because I have never had a milkshake before. However, I think the milkshakes prepared for this activity were very delicious. And I think the games they prepared are also very interesting, people get together to play games, through the games to become closer between each other, and meet more new friends. Watching a football game is a great activity to enjoy a milkshake while cheering on your favorite team.

feature image
Media by Songen Miao

Overall, it was a great experience and everyone enjoyed it. Every month they bring out a couple of different flavors, and when I asked what’s coming next month, Munshaw said a red velvet cake flavor. So if you like this flavor, make sure you come next month or you’ll miss out on a lot of fun and delicious milkshakes!