What to Gather From the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer (or My Recent and Surprising Obsession with the Star Trek Universe)

Written by Logan Welliver; Media by Zach Bonner

I never thought that I would be as excited for Into Darkness as I am right now. To give back ground on the subject, my escapades with Star Trek began in 2009, when the first Star Trek movie came out. Overall, I thought it was an alright movie; it had good production value, it was an entertaining movie, and given the fact that it has a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, I think many people would agree. But not long after I had seen the movie, as with many other mediocre movies, it completely left my mind.

star-trek-365-cover
Photo from Wikipedia

Now fast-forward to the Winter of 2012-13, for some reason I decided to sit down on Netflix and turn on Star Trek: The Original Series. I was immediately drawn in. The quirkiness of the series combined with the seriousness of the tone made the show that much more attractive. And then there’s the idea of exploring the final frontier, and what kind of boy doesn’t love adventure?

So now here I am, returning to the latest installment of Star Trek and I’m excited as ever. After watching the trailer, Into Darkness looks even more epic than the last movie, but does epic always equal greatness?

The movie looks nothing less than amazing. After re-watching the incredible feat that is Star Trek, I’m more excited than ever to see this upcoming movie. As one would come to expect, there seem to be lots of action sequences, which is great for any action flick buff, but on the other hand, it is not short of actual story and plot.

James_T._Kirk_on_the_Bridge_as_Captain
Photo from IMdB
captain_kirk_1z
Photo from Wikipedia

It also appears that this movie will also be focusing on Captain Kirk’s character even more than the last. Whereas the last movie had a big emphasis on the friendship between Kirk and Spock, this movie dives into the man that is the Starship Enterprise.

So to say nothing else, I am sure excited for this movie and I hope you are too, because this movie will be one to look out for.

1 COMMENT

1. How can you throw this movie into the pile of “other mediocre films” right after you said it has a 95% on rotten tomatoes? That’s a very high score for something “mediocre”.

Also background is one word.