Written by Morgan Johnson. Media by Morgan Johnson & Katie Wallace
This recipe was from by Simply Recipes’ Brownie in a Mug.
- 1/4 cup flour (50 g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (70 g)
- 2 Tbsp (13 g) cocoa (natural, unsweetened)
- Pinch of salt
- Tiny pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil (NOT extra virgin olive oil, it’s too strongly flavored)
- 1 to 2 drops vanilla extract
1. Place flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon in a microwave safe ceramic mug. Stir with a fork or spoon to mix well and break up any clumps.
2. Add the oil, water, and vanilla to the cup and stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
3. Place in microwave and heat on high until the mixture is cooked through, about a 1 minute and 40 seconds for a 1000 watt microwave. You may have to experiment and adjust the time for less or more powerful microwaves. If you don’t know the power level on your microwave, start with 60 seconds and increase until the brownie is done. It should still be moist when cooked through, not dry.
I hope you all enjoy this wonderful instant brownie!
For more wonderful recipes go to Simply Recipes‘s website!