The Fantastic Four

As of this 2018 – 2019 season, the Greenville Men’s Basketball program has a lot of high expectations and goals. These men plan on taking their season even further this upcoming year! The team is led by four senior captains who come from all over the place.

Daniel and Johari on picture day Junior year. Media by Barry Nixon.

Daniel Saeli is a four-year varsity player who knows the system from experience. Saeli feels as if this team can be better than ever. Saeli states, “The men’s basketball team has an opportunity to do something very special this year. Coming off of an earlier than expected exit from the tournament last year, we are focused and hungry to redeem ourselves. With the return of all key contributors plus the addition of redshirts Eric Williams, Rakim Murphy, and one of the best recruiting class we’ve had in years, we have the talent to win a national championship. Behind the leadership of Coach Barber and his staff, this season we have the opportunity to display our extreme competitiveness while exhibiting unparalleled sportsmanship on a national stage.” Saeli is a shooting guard from Scottsdale, Arizona and plans on finishing his degree in Business management.

Johari Dix Pre-Game pictures. Media by Barry Nixon.

Senior guard, Johari Dix, is also a four-year varsity player who has been the varsity starting point guard since his sophomore year. Dix has made big contributions to the program and has been awarded MVP for the 2017 – 2018 season and also holds a player of the week award from the SLIAC Conference. Dix is from Chicago, Illinois. Dix stated, “I feel really good about the upcoming season.  This team has many returning players and some new additions. We jell well, we are go-getters, and we are all competitive in a moral respectful way. This is not just a basketball team, this is a strong family and brotherhood. Greenville has been one of the best decisions that I have made. This school has taught me how to be a man that cares for others and it is important to be an upstanding citizen. I will leave Greenville with my degree this spring and although it is a little scary, I will go into the real world and be able to become a productive, God-fearing man.”

Senior Guard Josias Parker. Media by Josias Parker.

Josias Parker transferred from Butte Community College and brings a big spark to the Greenville program. Parker is from Los Angeles, California, and has huge energy on the court. Parker said, “I’m most excited about this season, not only because it’s my senior year, but because of our promising potential. We have a dedicated group of guys who are familiar with running Greenville’s system basketball. With the addition of talented transfers and freshman, I believe we’ll have a very successful year. Playing for Greenville has given me a true understanding of what it means to be apart of a brotherhood. Being one of the four senior captains, I’m excited to see what my final year of collegiate sports has to offer!” Parker is majoring in mass communications.

Isiah Price dribbling the ball against Blackburn College. Media by Abby Modaff.

Last but not least is Isiah Price, also a junior college product, Price is from West Los Angeles and brings main contributions to this program. Most would label him as a flat out all around player but his hard-work shows on and off the court. Price goes by the name of IP and is also majoring in communications. Price states, “I’m very excited for this upcoming season for our team. We had a good year last year and we have a good group this year that I feel can overcome goals with our team. I’m very excited because it’s senior year for myself and Greenville has shaped me into a knowledgeable and better person. The things I have learned from my coaches, teammates, and professors are preparing for my future. There wouldn’t be a better place to end my senior year here at Greenville University.”

Good luck to the seniors and team! Go Panthers!