Nightmare on the Square

Article by Whitney Vitt. Media by Aaron Phillips
[divide]
Nightmare on the Square took place Friday, Oct. 30 in Ladue Auditorium, as GC students came together dressed in Halloween costumes to enjoy a show by some of Greenville College’s well-known bands and singers. Hosted by GC’s Music Business Department, the event’s doors opened at 8:30 p.m. and the show started at 9 p.m. The event was originally going to take place at the old Mason Building in town, but due to building inspections the location was moved. There were five performances in Ladue Friday night, including Union Grove, Nick Bifano and the Innocents, Founders, Shawn Goff and Nighttime Safari.
[clear]
Union Grove
Union Grove opened the night and junior Dolan Heard explained, “I’m proud of what my band has done so far. We have been a group since about March last year, and nobody knew who Union Grove was. Having all these new ears to play in front of was a great way in getting our music heard by more people.” The members include Dolan Heard, Jacob Kaufman, Ricky Lewis, and Robert Taylor.
Source: Union Grove
Source: Union Grove
[clear]
Nick Bifano and the Innocents
Nick Bifano, from Nick Bifano and the Innocents, stated, “I think this event was a great opportunity to get away from the stresses of school and have a little fun! I think it’s all about having fun with the people that you love. My favorite part of the night was being a part of a huge mash-up band! I love my brothers in Founders and my new friend Shawn Goff, and I was thrilled to share the stage with them!” The band is made up of members Nick Bifano, Matt Holland and Brendan McDonnell.
[clear]
Source: Nick Bifano & the Innocents
Source: Nick Bifano & the Innocents
Founders
Founders is an extremely motivated group of young men who have a pure genuine joy of music. It was a pleasure to watch them use their talents to bring entertainment to others Friday night through the gift of music,” said Founders’ manager Kristen Davis. The members include Ian Anderson, Adam Curry, TJ Steinwart and Tyler Wright
[clear]
Source: Founders
Source: Founders
Shawn Goff
Shawn Goff was really pleased with how this event turned out. He shared, “Nightmare on the Square was a spin off the ‘Nightmare at the Barn’ show that usually happens, the barn was getting kind of small so we needed a bit more space. My favorite part was either my song ‘All the Way Turnt Up’ or doing ‘Bad Blood’ by Taylor Swift. It was a really fun event and I want to thank everyone who contributed in any way, from the artwork on the walls to the photographer. It was a good overall effort by everyone!” Goff was also joined by his  brother from Chicago.
[clear]
Source: Aaron Phillips
Source: Aaron Phillips
Nighttime Safari
Nighttime Safari closed the night. “The front man for Nighttime Safari was Ben Barber who graduated from Greenville last year. It was great to see him perform again and see how he has become a stronger performer. You could tell how happy he was to be back performing surrounded by his friends,” stated junior Emily Kaiser. Senior Elle Shaw explained, “I loved seeing Ben Barber back in town and on the stage. The collaboration between all of the bands was a great addition to the show!” Nighttime Safari includes members Ben Barber and Peter Huston.
[clear]
Source: Nighttime Safari
Source: Nighttime Safari
The event lasted until about 11 p.m. Emily Kaiser shared, “It was great seeing a wide range of people all enjoying the music and seeing the bands collaborate and having fun together. It was like one big friend party and so many people came dressed in fun costumes.” Make sure to look for more festive shows as the year goes on and don’t miss next year’s Halloween Nightmare on
the Square event!